Wednesday 4 September 2013

Let's Leaf it - Tando Creative

This month's challenge from Tando is Let's Leaf It.  So many things went through my mind, and I think most of them went on this project!

Hmm, Leaf, Leaves - leaves of a book?  Aha!  Printers' tray, then, the kind with the cover (another leaf).  I painted the cover in green and, once I had glued the 3 layers of the top part, that got painted in brown.










I covered the base with pages from several books, and stamped and embossed some more leaves, to keep with the theme.  I smeared Inka gold over the frame, as you can never have enough bling, and I thought the plain brown just a bit too dense.











I had some hessian type material, which I frayed.  I smeared the centre of the panel with the same green paint, and set aside to dry.  Then I stamped one of the same leaves in a brown, and adhered it to the outer front cover.










I have had skeleton leaves in the drawer FOREVER - from before I even knew what card making was.  Here was a chance to use them!  I covered two of them in Perfect Medium, and then heat embossed both.  And they were glued to the inside cover.  The photo doesn't do their blingy-ness justice!



I had three matching vials of different sizes.  So I mixed up some sequins and beads, for the big one, just beads for the little one, and dripped alcohol ink into the medium one.


Back to the tray.  I found some trinkets that seemed to fit.  Acorns, apples and dragonflies.  The acorns and the dragon flies got 'touched' with the inka gold, along with the blossom bucket leaf.
Then it was just a case of sticking it together.  Hey presto!




Hope you like!


Resources

Substrate: Tando Creative Mini Printer Tray with cover (MPT152x152CV)

Paint and Ink
Paper Artsy: Hey Pesto
IndigoBlu: Hot Cocoa
Distress Ink: Fired Brisk, Bundled Sage, Crushed Olive, Gathered Twigs, Vintage Photo
Adirondack Alcohol Ink: Willow, Meadow, Gold
Inka Gold: Lava Grun, Stahl Blau
Perfect Medium

Stamps
Stampin' Up: 3 leaves and acorns (sorry, don't have the number - the first set of Stampin' Up I bought!)

Bling and other stuff
Leaves, trinkets, beads, from stash
Stewart Gill Embossing powder: Patina Bronze, Interference Silver
Stampendous Embossing Powder: Detail Clear
Studio 490 (Blossom Bucket) Leaf
Glass bottles
Maya Road Leaf headed pins

No comments:

Post a Comment