Sunday 7 July 2013

Pretty Lady Canvas - with thanks to Linda Knight

I went to the Art Stamps show at Newbury racecourse on Saturday, and managed to get on one of Linda Knight's workshops.  Just an hour to keep the crafty hunger at bay, but it worked!



 
 

What I love about Linda's workshops is, she gives you the ideas and techniques, and then, off you go!  So we all had the same basic kit to work with, but we all produced something entirely different.  I'm a bit of a pink girl, so this predominates, but others went with blues and yellows.

Anyway, the main thing was the base - a box canvas completely covered with Prima's Sunrise and Sunset papers.  This is SOOOOOOO robust!  Then added some music tissue paper, and the obligatory bling (well, there had to be, didn't there?!)

The edges of the book paper and the other layer of the sunrise/sunset were both distressed with scissors and then with Distress Inks (worn lipstick and fired brick, I think). 


When I cut the hearts out (I really don't do hearts - but I couldn't think of anything else I could easily cut freehand!), I dabbed over a bit of spiced marmalade and fired brick, then doodled around the edges (a la JOFY) to enclose them.



When I got home I used the ribbons Linda provided to make the larger flower at the top, sticking it to red line tape and then twisting it round and round on itself.

I also finished the edges of the box canvas with musical washi tape from Tim Holtz, to keep the theme.

Can't wait to meet up with Linda again, in Frome on the 20th July.  Wonder what I'll come back with from that!!

Hope you like!

(Just realised, not a stamp in sight - that's a first!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment