Thursday 2 May 2013

Tim's Tags 2013 - Catch up for January and February

Having had a go at May, I thought I'd have a look at Tim's earlier tags, and see what my version would look like.  Some of these will be pretty true to Tim's instructions, some no so close, it will all depend on whether I have the raw materials to hand!

Tim's January tag looks like this.  Here's mine - pretty close, but I don't have the film reel.  Also, there's a touch more bling!   I'm pleased with the ribbon - using a mini alpha peg set to set the month, and I'll use this going forward, as a theme.















February's original is available here.  However, I don't really do hearts (I was seeing a cardiologist for a few years - mine is clearly broken!!), and it isn't February any more, and I don't have that blueprint stamp!  So I went for Butterflies, but used the same techniques.  The butterflies have been coloured with Distress Markers.  So this is mine!

I made the pendant from a Bazzill chip (chipboard), which I coloured with Distress stain, and stuck on a matching butterfly from one of the Selvedge stickers collections.  I used UTEE to triple emboss (actually more like quintuple emboss!) the edges, and gloss accents to create a resin like finish.  This wasn't helped by not really looking when I cleared up a bit, and dumped the edge of the stamp packet into the not-quite-set glossy accents.  Grr.  so I added some more GA, and took the opportunity to add a few frantage mica fragments.  Closest I'll get to bling on this!!

My favourite bit tho, is the bakers' twine, which I coloured with the Distress Stains, to match the rest of the colour scheme. I wasn't sure that the twine would take the colour so well.

Resources

Substrate (Both)
Simply Card: 260gsm one sided gloss card (using the unglossy side for this)
Sizzix:  Alterations Tag and Bookplates  die (cuts a #8 tag)

Inks and Paints  (Jan - Clocks)
Distress Inks: Iced Spruce, Evergreen Bough, Wild Honey, Black Soot
Distress Stains: Wild Honey, Frayed Burlap, Tanished Brass, Brushed Pewter, Spiced Marmalade
Adirondack Paint Dabbers: Espresso, Gold, Pearl
Archival Ink: Jet Black

Stamps (Jan - Clocks)
Stampers Anonymous: Nature's Moments CMS001
Hero Arts - Printers type LC alphabet peg stamps (LL762)

Bling and other stuff
Stampin' Up: Bulldog clip, sticky pearls
Sundry cogs, brad and watch face from stash
Spellbinders: Sprightly Sprockets (S5-048)
Stampendous Embossing Tinsel - Vintage Mahogany
Robin's Nest dewdrops - Cherry Chocolate mix
Sizzix Alterations clocks Embossing folder

Inks (Feb - Butterflies)
Distress Markers: Weathered Wood, Peeled Paint, Pine Needles, Fired Brick, Stormy Sky, Brushed Corduroy, Old Paper
Distress Stains: Old Paper, Bundled Sage, Brushed Pewter
Distress Ink: Black Soot
Archival Ink: Jet Black
 
Stamps (Feb - Butterflies)
Stampers Anonymous: Papillon (CMS106), Apothecary (CMS138)
A Stamp in the hand: Avant-Garde #2
Hero Arts - Printers type LC alphabet peg stamps (LL762)
 
 
Bling and other stuff (Feb - Butterflies)
Bakers twine
Sizzix Embossing folder: Tape Measures
Bazzill chip
Ranger UTEE: Platinum
Glossy Accents
Idea-ology Selvedge sticker (butterfly)
Stampendous Frantage - tarnished mica fragments

1 comment: