Wednesday 22 May 2013

Antique Writing - Hels' Sunday Stamper Challenge

Hels' challenge this week was 'All Those Years Ago', the fantastic George Harrison song.  Whilst I was made all those years ago, I can't enter myself, so I made a tag! 

Seemed to have forgotten to take photos throughout this time, sorry.

Started with a die cut tag, which I covered with torn up book pages (this STILL makes me shiver - I keep looking over my shoulder for the book police...).  I mixed a very pale combination of light buttermilk and Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide - I wanted to keep the paint translucent to allow the book's text to show through.

Over the top, I used a lovely text stamp, I think it's old french, and then when that was dry the chinese (I am guessing here!!) text in red.  And you might spot hieroglyphics in there too.  Some of the text has been heat embossed with gold (at the top of the tag).  I have to admit to this being a boo boo.  I thought the french and chinese text was dry when I added the hieroglyphics...whoops, it wasn't!  However, as with most boo boos, actually it worked, mainly because I didn't put the powder all over the card, but kept it over to that top left hand corner.  I restamped the scarab and the ankh in black.

The writing hand was stamped and embossed with embossing enamel.  I really love this enamel! It's made up of several colours, and while they do melt, you can see the gold, silver and pewter independently.  Oooooh, scrummy....

I distressed and inked the edges, stamped the title, and finished it it off with a bow! 

Materials used

Ink and Paint
Decoart Americana - Light Buttermilk
Decoart Traditions - Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide
Distress Ink - Tea Dye, Fired Brick, Walnut Stain
Versafine - Onyx Black
Versamark Dazzle - frost

Stamps
Paper Artsy - Mini Hand MN31, Backgrounds 6 BG6,  Hot Picks backgrounds HPXT01
Hero Arts - alpha peg stamps LL762
Random hieroglypic stamps - no name on them!!

Bling and other stuff
Claudine Hellmuth Studio Matte Muli Medium
Book pages
Stampendous Embossing Enamel - Aged Taupe
Ranger Satin Embossing Powder - Queens Gold
Hessian 'ribbon' and Bakers twine

2 comments:

  1. Lovely, loving everything about this tag, the old book pages, the various scripts and the colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coolio tag Fred, loving the layering you did... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete