Wednesday 17 April 2013

H is for... Craft Barn Challenge

Hi all!

I am playing catch up with the Craft Barn Alphabet challenge, and here is my H entry.  H is for Home and Hell!  And sometimes both simultaneously!!


This is quite a simple two piece, based on the lovely pearlescent Centura Pearl card.  I cut two pieces the same size (ish), and coloured one with Pan Pastels (the first time I have had them out!!) to get to the flames of hell.  It's a real mixture of colours, and there's also a couple of other hard artist pastels included, as I didn't have a good orangey colour.  It's edged with a permanent black marker, and a touch of festive berries Distress Ink.   I doodled some flames on to finish it off.  Doodling's not really my strong point...

I used the lovely Darkroom Door Home stamp on the other piece, and masked it.  The sentiment is also from Darkroom Door.  Then I coloured the rest of it with Distress Ink, Mowed Lawn, and then stencilled over it in the same colour. I ripped the card, and edged it with the mowed lawn again (well, mowing the lawn is my idea of hell....), and stuck the two pieces together.  I added a bit of shadow around the torn edge.

As usual, the definitions (carefully cut from the Collins Concise Dictionary, as cutting into it is still giving me a bit of the jitters) are attached to the tag, which has a wooden H glued on, and a ribbon coloured with ink sprays.


Hope you like it!

Materials used

Ink
Memento - Rich cocoa
Distress Ink - Mowed Lawn, Festive Berries
Cosmic Shimmer - Vintage Green Antique,
Dylusions - Fresh Lime
Pan Pastels - sorry- not sure which!!

Stamps
Darkroom Door - DDRS041 Home sweet home

No comments:

Post a Comment