Monday 22 April 2013

All That Jazz - Graphic 45 book

Well, I've done it - I have finally cut into one of my lovely Graphic45 pads!  Curtain Call is the one I have used, which is monochromatic, and all about the 20s, plenty of jazz and cinema references.

I had a lovely chipboard album in my stash.  The front covers are diecut with a lovely pattern, which made me think Art Deco (or is it Art Nouveau) doors into a club.  As each set page opens from the middle, this became a bit of a logic problem to make the scenes match up, as you walked through!

I'm going to let the pictures do the talking for this post, and finish off with the materials list at the end, as there aren't too many techniques involved, just the lovely papers, and matching stamps.




  Front Cover, lying flat.  Once the front doors were painted, I added a distressed look with silver holographic foil

  First set of pages - the Flappers.  I used holographic foil tape and a quickie glue pen to give the ladies some bling - pearls and stocking tops!

  Second set of pages - Jazz greats  The jazz orchestra tag has been covered in Glossy Accents.
 

  Third set - inside back cover - Cinema sweethearts - just little touches of the holographic foil again, with sakura pen, here and there.

  Back cover
Extra embellishments - loads of ribbons from stash, and some black shrink plastic, with the stamps stamped in gold Brilliance.  Remember to punch the holes before shrinking!!
 
So, is this it?  Have I now broken the OCD thing?  Will I be able to use more paper - rather than just buying it for stroking?  Confused?  Whatever happened to Soap?  Hope they repeat that, like they have with Cheers!!  Anyway, have a great day.  Feel free to leave a comment, and do pop back to see what else is happening in my crafty world!

Materials

Ink and Paint
DecoArt Americana - Buttermik
Brilliance - Galaxy Gold
Distress Ink - Black soot, Vintage photo

Paper and Stamps
Graphic45 - Curtain Call
HamptonArt/Graphic45 - All that Jazz

Other stuff - including bling!
Glue - Cosmic Shimmer dries clear, Red line tape, quickie glue pen, Zig two way glue pen, Foam sticky pads
Holographic foil tape (no idea where this came from but, oooooh, it is lovely!!!)
Ribbons (mainly re-purposed from Trollbeads boxes, another addiction...)
Shrinkart - black Shrinkles
silver chain from stash
Glossy Accents
Sakura Gelly roll pen - No idea what colour it is called really, I call it 'snail trail', clear with glitter only
Silver mirri card



1 comment:

  1. WOW !!! This looks absolutely fab. I love the black and white them. I know what you mean about Graphic 45 papers!

    ReplyDelete