Friday 12 April 2013

Affra - One for my Sister

Several months ago my sister asked me to do something with feathers from her first bird, Affra.  Affra had passed away, and she wanted something to remember her by.

I like to reflect, ponder, cogitate on options, so it's taken me until this week to come up with this page - sorry for the delay, Sis!!











Affra's tail feathers are a really lovely irridescent red and green. It was playing around with the Dylusions lime green that gave me a starting point, that and having a bit of a tidy up (yeah, right!), coming across some amazing two tone (remember the suits?) paper that I think was wrapping on a Christmas bottle of wine several years ago.




So...  I started with a 12 x 12 sheet of white bazzill bling, and lightly ish sprayed some Dylusions lime green and perfect pearls interference red.  Between them, these really are Affra's colours.


 Then I hit the dies!!  There are three missing from the photo, all Tim Holtz Alterations strip dies: Tattered Banners, Alphabetical and Harlequin Border.  Otherwise, you can see one of my first Spellbinders, Shapeabilities Lotus pendant, Sizzix decorative flourishes, Tim Holtz Caged Bird, and a Crafting for you decorative doily.  Everything was cut either from Gold Mirri or this lovely red/gold two tone paper.  Wonder if the wine was as lovely??!
To assemble, I printed off 4 small photos of Affra, cut them out, and rounded the corners. I inserted the tail feathers behind the photos, but without gluing so that they can be removed if my sister wants to do soemthing different.  I glued the letters to the tattered banner, and glued the banner on at the ends, so that it sits proud of the page.
I used some of the waste from the harlequin and from the lotus pendant to 'drip' from the main border. And finally, I added a touch more bling to the Harlequin with some small Stampin' Up rhinestones.
 
 
 
Materials
Dies:
Sizzix - 657825 harlequin, 657482 alphabetical, 657179 tattered banners, 656634 caged bird, 656538 decorative flourishes
Spellbinders - S4-269 Lotus pendants
Crafting for you - doily set
 
Glue
Cosmic Shimmer dries clear PVA, red line tape
 
Ink
Dylusions lime green, Perfect Pearls Interference Red
 
Bling etc
Stampin' Up - Rhnestones
Gold Mirri from stash
Red two tone paper from stash

No comments:

Post a Comment