Wednesday 13 March 2013

Catching up - The clock

When my craft room came into being, at the end of February (actually it's still not completely finished, but it's only missing the pink glass splashback..) I wanted the first thing I did to be something a bit special...

I found this clock on a clearance shelf, and whilst it was a bit wow! in your face lime green, I liked the shape. I bought it, and put it to one side. Then I got inspiration...
After a little bit of work, it now looks like this...


So, I took it apart...

...gesso'ed all the pieces... 

 ...and painted them up in decoart americana paint, roughly

Meanwhile, I took a large sheet of tissue paper (actually, it came to me wrapped around a suit I had bought!!), and stamped it in two colours, black and brown, using first and second generation stamping.  The stamps are a real mixture, paper artsy, stampers anonymous, indigo blu, all time related, one way or another. 
I thought it looked a little bland for my taste (bright, shiny, sparkly, after all!), and stamped a couple of the clock faces in Brilliance gold.  And the lovely crazing stamp in Brilliance white.
I even liked the 'stamping off' page, so I haven't thrown it yet!! 
 
 
After a little dry brushing, the clock face was stamped with that same brilliant crazing stamp, in gold, and I used it again with metallic staz-on gold on the clock glass, too.  I also used the roman numerals from indigo blu.  The XII I stamped in gold, and picked out with a fineliner.










Putting it all together, the clock was sealed with claudine hellmuth multi medium, matte, which I also used as a 'glue' to cover the clock in the stamped tissue.  I gave it another all over coat of the matte medium to seal it completely.  There's also a smidge (or should I say smudges) of the grungold inka gold - it's so yummy!  And now I have a really smart clock on my shelf!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment